Bottle Tops & Bread Tags
We are a drop-off point for both bottle tops and bread tags.
These small items are often overlooked in the recycling process, but it can make a big difference when collected and recycled properly.
Lets turn these tiny pieces into valuable resources for a greener future together!
We take pride in serving as a current drop-off point for eco bricks. As there are no single organisation currently accepting eco bricks, we are constantly trying to establish partnerships with entities that use them for large-scale projects.
Given our limited storage capacity, we kindly ask customers to bring no more than 2 eco bricks at a time. However, if you have a significant number of eco bricks, we could try and assist you in finding a project for them.
Together, we can repurpose waste into valuable resources, contributing to a greener future!
Eco Brick Bootcamp: Become a Brick-making Champ!
1. What Goes In?
- Think of things you can't eat or compost! Non-biodegradable plastics are perfect. This includes wrappers, straws, bags, and other pesky plastics.
2. The Golden Rule: Clean & Dry!
- Before stuffing, make sure the plastics are clean and dry. Wet or dirty plastics can cause the brick to become moldy and unusable.
3. Pack it TIGHT!
- Use a stick or a rod to compress the plastics in as you go. The tighter, the better! Imagine you're packing for a month-long vacation in a tiny suitcase.
4. The Perfect Weight:
- Aim for a certain weight depending on the bottle size. For a standard 2L bottle, you'll want it to weigh around [specific weight, e.g., 500 grams]. It's like baking; measurements matter!
5. Ready for Drop-Off?
- Once your eco brick feels solid and reaches the desired weight, bring it to our store. If it's squishy or too light, give it another pack! Think of it as adding that one last pair of shoes to your suitcase.
A perfect eco brick is a gift to the Earth - Let's build a greener future together!